The Northern Children's Specialist Centre is a group of independent paediatric specialists who have set up a joint practice and offer a range of comprehensive paediatric services.
The specialist services in the Centre are currently expanding. At the present the specialities include:
- General Paediatrics
- Paediatric Respiratory and Sleep Medicine
- Learning and Development Disability Management
- Allergy Management
- Paediatric Neurology
- Paediatric Endocrinology
- Genetic Assessment and Services for children, adults and families
- Neonatal Paediatrics
We hope to offer more paediatric specialities in the future.
The Centre is child and family focussed. It comprises of three consulting rooms, each equipped with a seperate examination room. There is a large and bright waiting room with toys and reading material. We aim to provide excellent service and experience to the families and the referring doctors by offering timely and appointments in a friendly and helpful environment .
The Centre is conveniently located within the walking distance from the St Leonards train and bus stations. There is metered street parking and two parking stations close by as well.
Please do note that to see any specialist at NCSC, Medicare requires a current referral from a General Practitioner or any other Medical Specialist currently practicing in Australia. We offer to do Medicare rebate on the spot for you, if you would like to receive the rebate either as a cheque or into your bank account nominated with Medicare.
Preparing for your visit
In order to make the most of your visit to our centre, we ask that you bring the following documents to your appointment:
- A valid referral from your GP or specialist.
- If possible it is preferred if you fax or email a copy of the referral to us as soon as you receive it from the referring doctor prior to your appointment with us.
- If you have been to the clinic before and are unsure if your referral is still valid, please contact our reception team for advice prior to your appointment.
- Any relevant results of previous blood tests, x-rays or scans etc that you have available.
- Your child's blue book, if available.
- If your child is a new patient to the clinic and to save you time on the day, you are welcome to print out and complete the patient information sheet available on our Contact Us page.
- Please contact our reception team if you wish to enquire about fees and any out of pocket costs associated with your visit.
- Medicare rebates are available for a proportion of the cost of services rendered at The Children's Clinic.
- In most cases we are able to submit claims to Medicare electronically to ensure that you receive your rebate as quickly as possible.
- We ask that all accounts are settled on the day.